The Wiccan Year – Mabon
The wheel is an annual cycle of seasonal festivals and of the God and Goddess.
September 20-23 - Autumnal Equinox
Harvest time, when all the crops have been gathered.
All crops are associated with this Holiday.
This is the time of thanksgiving for Mother Earths bounty and blessings.
Today we will recognize our need to share what Mother Earth has given us. So that we secure the blessings of the Goddess and the Gods for the upcoming winter months.
Colors of Mabon are orange, brown, yellow and red.
Simple Mabon Ritual by Crystal Le Fay
Supplies: For each person participating
· 1 orange & 1 brown candle, Handful of Sweetgrass and Cedar, Mother Earth Décor, Fire Proof Container, Light snacks, Tea or Water, Drum
Ritual – Gratitude: Past, Present & Future
1. Set up altar and cast your circle.
2. Face altar, take 3 deep breaths.
3. Beat your drum 3 times, then walk around your altar, repeating out loud: “I celebrate Mother Earths Harvest and accept her gifts. I will carry gratitude within my heart always!”
4. Light your orange candle. Turn away from your altar. Light your Sweet Grass and wave around you. Say out loud, “I give thanks to the past for all that it is has given me.” Yell out loud, “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!”
5. Turn back to your altar. Blow out your orange candle. Light your brown candle. Light your Cedar and wave it around you. Say out loud, “I give thanks to the present for all that it has for me.” Yell out loud, “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!” Blow out your brown candle.
6. Beat your drum 3 times, then walk around your altar, repeating out loud: “I give thanks to the future, for all that it holds for me!” Yell out loud, “IT IS SO! ITS IS SO! IT IS SO!”
7. Enjoy your snacks and drink.
8. Uncast circle. Give herbs ashes back to Mother Earth.